31.對不起,我們言無二價。(We refuse to accept less than the asking price.)
32.至于他的計劃,根本無從得知。(As to his plan, there’s simply no telling.)
33.Mary真是個多才多藝的人。--這還用說!( “Mary is really a versatile person.”—“You’re telling me!”)
34.我打破了她的眼鏡,可讓她給罵了個狗血碰頭。(She really told me off for breaking her glasses. )
35.在他面前嘴巴老實點//說話當心點:他可是個愛打小報告的人。(Watch your mouth in front of him; he is a tell-tale.)
36.會議先開到這里,吃過午飯后再接著開。(Let’s call a halt to the meeting and continue after lunch.)
37.快樂的笑聲勾起了他對童年美好的回憶。(The happy laughter called up sweet memories of his childhood.)
38.提防扒手。˙e on your guard against pickpockets。
39.你言語需謹慎。(Guard your tongue!)
40.當被問及中國是否能夠在一個月之內完全控制禽流感時,女發言人做了審慎的回答。(When asked if China would put Bird Flu under complete control within one month’s time, the spokeswoman gave a guarded reply.)
41.一座新的懸浮式大橋正在跨江(黃浦江)而建,并將于明年完工通車。(A new suspension bridge is being constructed across the Huangpu River and will be completed and open to traffic next year.)
42.他就是這樣踏上成功之路的。(That was how he stepped on the path to success.)
43.一步一步的,他把我給耍了//騙了。(Step by step, he led me up to the garden path.)
44.如果我們集思廣益,就會找到解決辦法。(If we pool our ideas, we will find a solution.)
45.他的論點極具說服力,致使與會者皆啞口無言。(His argument was so persuasive that everyone at the meeting was left silent.)
46.我們應該學會勞逸結合。(We should learn to strike a proper between work and rest.)
47.你問到我們是否會加薪,你算是說到點子上了。(You struck the right note when you asked if we’d get a pay raise.)
48.他受到了應得的懲罰。(He was deservedly punished.)
49.他有自己的廣告公司,而且生意紅火,但他卻總是缺錢,而且還試圖從我這兒借。(He has his own advertising agency, and is doing very good business, but he is always short of money, and has even tried to borrow from me.)
50.她很漂亮,也很精明,但卻不易與別人相處,而且常常招朋友嫌。(She is pretty and smart, but she doesn’t easily get along with others and she often makes a nuisance of herself among her friends.)
51.我為我的錯誤付出了沉重的代價。(I paid dearly for my mistake.)
52.她一打開話匣子就沒完沒了。(Once she sets off talking, she never stops.)
53.我沒聽見你敲門。我陶醉在音樂中了。(I didn’t hear you knock. I was carried away by the music.)
54.突然冒出了一個絕好的機會。(A wonderful opportunity suddenly presented itself.)
55.那問題我又看了一遍,答案便躍然眼前。The answer presented itself when I looked at the problem again.
56.今天他有點反常。(He isn’t his usual self today.)
57.恐怕你要的也太急了吧,我實在是有點措手不及。(I’m afraid you caught me on the wrong foot, asking for it at such short notice.)
58.我們學生數增長了,教室不夠用了。(Our students have outgrown our classrooms.)
59.他又重新找回了幽默。(His good humor soon returned to him.)
60.在這兒工作那才叫郁悶呢。(Working here is enough to drive anyone to drink.)
61.我就是搞不懂你怎么總是喜歡挑撥我和老板間的關系。(I simply can’t understand why you’ve taken so much delight in driving a wedge between boss and me.)
62.如果再讓我逮住你偷竊,我非把你揍扁不可。↖f I catch you stealing again, I’ll beat the daylights out of you!)
63.我把他的論點駁得體無完膚。(I knocked the bottom out of his argument.)
64.考試不及格令他一蹶不振。(His failure in the exam has knocked all the stuffing out of him.)
65.你真讓我折服啊。(You could have knocked me down with a feather.) |